Sunday, January 10, 2016

There is a place where the sidewalk ends

If falling asleep is like going to Paris, then I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

What I've been trying to say is... I found the sidewalk that goes to Paris, but I don't know where it ends.  And I don't know what will happen if I step on a crack.  I guess there's only one way to find out.

I've got a lot on my chest... and I think i'm writing because i'm trying to say something

When I was little I thought if I peddled hard enough on my tricycle, my loneliness couldnt catch up with me.  I also thought I could actually be invisible just by putting a blanket over my head.
But now I'm just trying to think of ways to be seen.


Yesterday there was a fire inside of me.  It was all hot and smokey, and it burned a lot of things.
But these are the things I found in the fire.

I learned.
I learned that it doesn't matter what I lost, its gone so move on.
I learned that the sun rises every single morning.
I learned that the most important things can often be left unspoken.
Yesterday I felt like blue. The blue made me feel cold.  The cold made me freeze, and I learned that there is heat in freezing.
I learned that people are a lot like black out poetry, they only show you the parts of themselves that they want you to see.
Yesterday I said tomorrow.  And today I was too late.  I learned that there is nothing worse than too late.
I learned that memories were the best things I ever had.
I learned that the things you put in your head stay there for forever.
I learned to stay inside the lines, while thinking outside the box.

Everybody is writing their own book.  And if you don't stop comparing your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 15, then nobody is ever gonna read your book.
If you can talk then you can sing.  If you can walk  then you can dance.


There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And it ends where it began.

1 comment: